Pentair Superflo rebuild/Seal question

Mar 25, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hello,
I am rebuilding my 4 yo 1HP 2 Speed Pentair Superflo motor/pump. All apart, installed new bearings and all was going good except I'm pressing the new seal into the seal plate but I don't remember if the old one completely bottomed out inside of the bore. There are 3 ridges on the rubber seal and also 3 grooves in the plastic housing and when I press it in i can press until the are lined up but the bottom of the rubber seal is above the bottom of the seal plate by about 1/16" and its really hard to press it the rest of the way. Anyone have a picture or know if this should definitely bottom out as I believe the old one was bottomed. I did search all over google for a picture but could not find one at all, seems as though most videos/pics are of the Whisperflo which is different than the Superflo.

Thank you,

Andrew

Thank you,
I was able to seat it all the way but looks a little strange to me and it was very tough to do it. The rubber is not exactly even all around the ceramic. I'll see if I can post a picture of what I am talking about so everyone has a better idea. I really just want to make sure it's perfectly square to rotating side of the seal so I don't get any leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.