Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Superflo rebuild/Seal question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Superflo rebuild/Seal question

Hello,
    I am rebuilding my 4 yo 1HP 2 Speed Pentair Superflo motor/pump. All apart, installed new bearings and all was going good except I'm pressing the new seal into the seal plate but I don't remember if the old one completely bottomed out inside of the bore. There are 3 ridges on the rubber seal and also 3 grooves in the plastic housing and when I press it in i can press until the are lined up but the bottom of the rubber seal is above the bottom of the seal plate by about 1/16" and its really hard to press it the rest of the way. Anyone have a picture or know if this should definitely bottom out as I believe the old one was bottomed. I did search all over google for a picture but could not find one at all, seems as though most videos/pics are of the Whisperflo which is different than the Superflo.

Thank you,

Andrew
    Inground Lazy-L 18X40 (Vinyl Liner)
    Pentair Superflo 1 HP 2 Speed
    Pentair FNS-36 DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Superflo rebuild/Seal question

Andy, very sorry to see you haven't received a reply on your question yet. A rebuild question is certainly something we a person with specific experience to answer. I hope to see someone reply soon. Have a nice day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you,
    I was able to seat it all the way but looks a little strange to me and it was very tough to do it. The rubber is not exactly even all around the ceramic. I'll see if I can post a picture of what I am talking about so everyone has a better idea. I really just want to make sure it's perfectly square to rotating side of the seal so I don't get any leaks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are two pics of the seal in place. You can see the rubber is not really even around the ceramic on top it kind of bulges a little in some spots but the seal looks like it is square and also it looks like its completely bottomed in the second pic.

IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    Inground Lazy-L 18X40 (Vinyl Liner)
    Pentair Superflo 1 HP 2 Speed
    Pentair FNS-36 DE filter