I just got back from my local BioGuard dealer and once again they convinced me to buy their outrageously priced "Smart Shock" for my water that has been cloudy for over a month (third time since we opened our pool in late April). While I was still in the store I overheard a conversation about using liquid bleach instead of shock. I investigated this theory and it led me to your web-site. Please excuse my lack of water chemistry knowledge, some of the chemical names get confusing, but if my understanding of using liquid bleach is correct, I just visited my BioGuard dealer for the last time. The "Alex" readings are as follows: Saturation Idx -0.7; TDS 600; CYA 51; Tot. Chlorine 0.4; Free Chlorine 0.4; PH 7.4; Tot. Alkalinity 114; Adj. Total Alk. 99; Tot. Hardness 72; nothing else was tested. I bought 4lbs. of Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate ...99% and added it to my water. My goal is to take another reading in 24 hours and correct any "adjustments" by visiting my local grocery store. My question for the experts is how much and how often. I realize that you'll need tomorrows readings to advise me, but I'm wondering if what I did today will have any effect at all.