Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just put up our first pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Just put up our first pool!

We just finished putting up our first pool and landscaping around the area. We purchased the pool about 3 weeks ago and decided that putting in a concrete slab was the way to go for leveling for the future. We are new to this website and wanted to share some pics with everyone in hopes that if we have questions or someone sees an issue they could lets us know. Thanks in advance for answering the million questions I will probably have!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 18'x52" Ultra Frame
    20'x20' Concrete Slab foundation
    Gorilla Liner
    Intex Sand Filter
    Awesome Umbrella My Wife Found :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just put up our first pool!

Welcome to TFP!!

Very nice looking setup. I would just recommend getting power installed so you don't have to use that extension cord.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

looks great!!
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48" sand filter w/intex SWG.
    Pool Blaster Max Vacuum
    3rd year with Intex and no problems
    Pentair Mastertemp BTU 125/ propane
    Taylor K2006 Complete FAS-DPD

4. Back To Top    #4

I wish my yard was that big, nice setup.
    Intex 16'x48"
    Intex sand filter, ozone SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks great! My husband and I have been talking about doing the same thing but we have very little experience with concrete. Right now, we set it up and take it down each year, but it's a HUGE pain in the tush to prep the site each year.
    18x52 Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter & Intex SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice, clean set-up. Well done. Enjoy your swimming season!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Interesting way to keep the cord ends dry!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome!

Now you need to build a ramp so the dog can join you in the pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl View Post
    Interesting way to keep the cord ends dry!
    I was thinking the same thing. Myself, I'd probably over think it and spend way too much time trying to figure it out.
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install

10. Back To Top    #10

I just had a concrete put in as well for my Intex....cant imagine the mess it would create on the grass/dirt.....I rolled out a layer of indoor/outsoor carput underneath my pool for padding..I am now looking for a way to get around using the rickety ladder with some stairs and a small platform, but then I still need a ladder on the inside to get out....

11. Back To Top    #11

Very nice and neat set-up. Looks great!
    28ft Doughboy AG 18,000 Gallons installed July 2014 / Pentair SD60 Sand Filter / Baracuda Ranger Vacuum / Pentair Aqualuminator / TF100 Test Kit / Hot Springs Envoy Hot Tub
    My Build: 28 ft Doughboy install w/stamped patio FINALLY complete-LOTS OF PICS :)

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by sts00 View Post
    I just had a concrete put in as well for my Intex....cant imagine the mess it would create on the grass/dirt.....I rolled out a layer of indoor/outsoor carput underneath my pool for padding..I am now looking for a way to get around using the rickety ladder with some stairs and a small platform, but then I still need a ladder on the inside to get out....
    You can use a standard above ground pool ladder in place of the intex ladder. There are lots of styles to choose from. You can also build a small deck/platform and use an above ground pool ladder on the pool side.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

This is what we decided to use. Bought used for $75. Our little weenie dogs can get in and out.

12x24x52 Rectangle Intex Ultra Frame AGP with 1,600 gal. per hour Krystal clear sand filter and saltwater system combo pump.