Here we go!

Jun 14, 2015
cape cod, ma
We ordered all of the 'stuff' and I read through pool school. This may become clear once we start the set-up, but I have some questions :)

our set-up/order:
Intex 13" x 39"
upgrade to Intex 1,000 GPH pump
upgrade to Intex small 7,000 Gallon saltwater system
(ordered adapters for 1.25" hoses to 1.5" hoses)
Complete test kit
6 extra Type A filters
skimmer and vacuum

My plan is to set it up, fill with a small amount of garden hose water, jump in and smooth out the bottom, then continue to fill.
Sound ok?
Do these pools come with the instructions on exact chemicals needed for our size pool?
How much sand do you think we will need? and where do you all buy your sand?

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to ask, do you guys put anything under your pools other than the plastic tarp that is included?

Sounds about right except the chemicals. :) That's what TFP is for! :) Welcome. Order a recommended test kit right away (link below). Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

Once you get water up to the skimmer, check back and we'll tell you water to do initially.

Also, to save you from re-typing, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Under the pools ... yes. Anything from poly-panels to astro turf. Do a search from the Home Page for above ground install or base prep and you'll see lots of results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.