Spa size 7 or 8 ft

More importantly, I would recommend having a return loop separate from the spa jets. When you want to heat the spa or during normal day to day filtration, you can do so without all the aeration from the jets which will contribute to pH rise.

I personally don't like the spa jets anyway and I just run the pump at a low enough speed that the jets do not operate.

I took the advice from others on here to to lay it out on the ground using a rope (or similar) and a tape measure. Then place some chairs inside and have people sit around in it to get a feel for how crowded it will be. It really just depends on how many people you expect to normally use it at a time and how spaced out you like it without knees or feet touching each other.

I ended up with a 9' x 7' oval shape and while we have only had 4 people in it so far, I believe it would hold 7 quite comfortably....maybe more if not for a step we added on the bench.

Our spa is 7' round. I was concerned it wouldn't be large enough since I've seen so many people with larger spas. But now that we've had the gunite for about 2 months, it seems much larger than we need. I'm glad we didn't go larger. Maybe I'll feel differently once we're actually using it with water, etc.

Primarily, it depends on your use of it and how many people you expect to have. We have a small circle of friends, so for us, it's plenty large. Now, if all these TFP-ers come visit, I might have some serious regrets!!!!! LOL!!!! (just throwing in a different view....). Take care. Suz.

We have a 9' octagon spa which is great because its like a mini pool. We close our pool in late September and will keep the spa going until the freezing temps start to get crazy in December. One thing you may consider is different height benches. We have one side about 2.5-3 inches higher for shorter people to sit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.