Planing for vacation and new Taylor kit

kyjake

May 18, 2015
port charlotte,fl
Made my first complete set of test with a new Taylor kit-PH 7.4-cya 35ppm-free chlorine .167-ta 90-ch 320
Have been using 10% liquid chlorine but would like to learn how to use the tablet-floater to keep the chlorine in line while we will be away for three weeks later on this summer.the pool is 14k-15k.
My idea of how to see if this will work is to get a couple floaters and a bucket of plain tablets,fill both floaters set to almost closed and the pump to run a couple hours a day to start out.If this isn't going to work will try to figure out something else.I let the chlorine get low on purpose as I plan to start trying the floats today.Any advise would be appreciated.

freshwater pool, right? not saltwater?

I see you are in FL as well. you can go a bit higher with CYA, probably up to 50 tops though. you measured your CYA at 35, but really we tend to round up since test isn't that accurate, so say 40ppm. you can use pool math to determine how much CYA will be added per tab at the bottom....but its going to add up quick unfortunately. I wouldn't do it.

don't let your chlorine get low on purpose, you are just asking for algae to start going and then you are looking at a slam.

anyone near by that can add liquid chlorine twice a week for you??

what is your current FC level??? typo I hope in your original post

Plan on getting the fc back up today with a small addition of 10% liquid and starting the floaters.I checked my results again and the fc seems to be .167 but realize I may have misinterpreted the instructions.Did an oto check which came out .5-1 range.Moved here recently and have no one to keep the chlorine in check.Do realize my cya will be high when we return but with the summer rains it will be simple to get it back down by draining the excess from the rain

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.