cloudy and confused

Sidecarist

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2015
Dayton, TN
I've been slamming the pool for 3 days now and it looks much better but still very cloudy, and my oclt was 0 losst FC, and CC 1, but one drop lost clear the solution (without a white table I wouldn't have seen the slight pink ).

Filter pressure is rising slightly so something is being filtered out, but.... still can't see the bottom. Before slamming all other Redington were in a good range current full readings are
FC 24
CC 1
PH NOT TESTED CL too high
TA 130
TH 260
CYA 60
SALT 3800

Do I need to keep FC up or can I let it come down?

Is there any advice about the cloudiness?

Thanks to all!

Hello again! Definitely keep it up! MAINTAIN!!!!!!! You will defeat the algae and cloudiness with patience and consistency. Letting the SLAM FC level come down is the biggest fault of many pool owners. Your filter will continue to filter-out the muck and algae debris (just like mine did last year :) ) So rinse the cartridge out once a day or so if possible and keep brushing the walls of your pool. You look to be very close, so hang in there!

I've been slamming the pool for 3 days now and it looks much better but still very cloudy, and my oclt was 0 losst FC, and CC 1, but one drop lost clear the solution (without a white table I wouldn't have seen the slight pink ).

Filter pressure is rising slightly so something is being filtered out, but.... still can't see the bottom. Before slamming all other Redington were in a good range current full readings are
FC 24
CC 1
PH NOT TESTED CL too high
TA 130
TH 260
CYA 60
SALT 3800

Do I need to keep FC up or can I let it come down?

Is there any advice about the cloudiness?

Thanks to all!

You need to SLAM until you meet all three criteria ... one of which is clear water.

So keep up the FC.

In addition to maintaining SLAM-level FC, keep running the filter 24/7 until the water is clear and monitor filter pressure. The cloudiness you are seeing includes dead algae that just needs time to get filtered out.

Well after what seems like a long wait but really was only 4 days the pool went from dark brown-green to clear. FC is now 8 and dropping, Overnight loss was .5 Water is more clear than i could have hoped for a few days ago.

I have to leave the pool totally unattended for 3-4 weeks but with a little luck and good weather I am hopeful that it will take a lot less work to get it in shape when I return. I am leaving the SWG turned up to 75% in hopes that it can maintain a FC of 6+ while I'm gone. I can turn it down when I return and the FC level will drop quickly enough.

Thanks to all for the encouragement. We are looking forward to maintaining the pool with a minimum of fuss in the future and this site is a great resource!

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.