Looking for diagram/placement measurements for leg support pads on Intex Ultra Frame

Apr 20, 2015
DFW Texas
Hello,
I'm new to the site, but have found the wealth of information on here to be super helpful. My husband & I are in the process of preparing the ground for our larger and now rectangular Intex Ultra Frame 12'x24' pool. I have looked everywhere for a diagram that gives placement measurements for the leg supports. Does anyone know where I can find this?? We would like to do all ground prep before getting this giant out of it's box, if at all possible. We have 16"x16"x4" concrete pads to place under each leg support.

We have carved out an area of 25'x34' to even up the grade and are planning to finish the leveling process by adding screened topsoil tamped down tight and pool bottom protected by 3/4" thick foam sheets & a HD tarp. The area was full of sod, clay and rock to start. The excess area around the pool will be smoothed with cushion sand & made solid for walk around with flagstone/polymetric sand & small deck. Not quite sure yet what material to put against pool body & over leg supports in front of flagstone. It's been unusually rainy in Texas, so we are anxious to get this project back in fast mode. :)

We would appreciate anyone's knowledge of pad placement measurements & welcome any suggestions on making sure our planned ground prep is adequate for this pool. We are not planning to take it down for off season.

Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Lunyburg
I think that using 4" thick concrete pads is a mistake. If they are not reinforced they may crack. The thickness makes it more difficult to install. There is no benefit to using concrete pavers. The instructions do not recommend concrete pads.

If the ground is not concrete (i.e., if it is asphalt, lawn or earth) you must place a piece of
pressure-treated wood, size 15” x 15” x 1.2” (38 x 38 x 3cm), under each U-shaped support and flush
with the ground. Alternatively you may use steel pads or reinforced tiles. Consult your local pool supply
retailer for advice on support pads.

Thanks everyone for the helpful links and info. Love your signature Richard320 and your pool looks great and journey sounds similar to ours MirellaJoe. :) Thanks for the input on pavers 1380ken, I thought I understood from here that those would be stronger and last longer than wood if I was wanting to leave it up long term, may need to rethink. Dirt will be delivered Thursday and in the mean time, we are under flash flood warning with expected rainfall of 5-8". Wish I didn't, but because of the heavy rock we have to come up about 3 inches on the back because the remaining rock in the ground can't be cut out and ground is not possible to smooth because of rock ridges. Planning to use a plate tamper to really pack it in tight for entire area, even outside of pool footprint. I was hoping to find info such as 1st support leg is "x" inches from corner, 2nd support leg is "x" inches from 1st, etc., so I could start burying pavers or boards. Probably wishful thinking that anyone would have taken time to document that. Hope to have a busy weekend finishing ground and setting up pool and will post an update soon. Thanks again, everyone!

Thanks everyone for the helpful links and info. Love your signature Richard320 and your pool looks great and journey sounds similar to ours MirellaJoe. :) Thanks for the input on pavers 1380ken, I thought I understood from here that those would be stronger and last longer than wood if I was wanting to leave it up long term, may need to rethink. Dirt will be delivered Thursday and in the mean time, we are under flash flood warning with expected rainfall of 5-8". Wish I didn't, but because of the heavy rock we have to come up about 3 inches on the back because the remaining rock in the ground can't be cut out and ground is not possible to smooth because of rock ridges. Planning to use a plate tamper to really pack it in tight for entire area, even outside of pool footprint. I was hoping to find info such as 1st support leg is "x" inches from corner, 2nd support leg is "x" inches from 1st, etc., so I could start burying pavers or boards. Probably wishful thinking that anyone would have taken time to document that. Hope to have a busy weekend finishing ground and setting up pool and will post an update soon. Thanks again, everyone!
Did you ever find out the distance from the corner joint to the first leg? I've searched everywhere and no one can give the dimensions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.