Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how to stop spa from overflowing into pool??

1. Back To Top    #1

Las Vegas

how to stop spa from overflowing into pool??

Hi all, new pool/spa owner here. I figured out the basics of my heating system, only problem is I don't know how to heat my spa without the water overflowing into the pool, causing the pool to heat up and taking the spa a long time to heat up as well. Can anyone help me with my problem? I don't know what any of the switches do asides the red one(gas) and the one labeled pool and spa, (which selects where the water is to be pumped)

PS: I can post more pictures tomorrow if needed(in the light)
    Thank you all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Harvey, LA

Re: how to stop spa from overflowing into pool??

So, you've figured out the basics of your heating system, now you need to work out the basics of your plumbing system...those valve (except the red one) look like three way valves, is that correct?

If so, you should be able to turn them such that the only source of water going to the pump is from the drain in your spa, and the only output after the heater is going to returns in your spa. You might need to play with the valves to see what each one actuates, but that's how you do it.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Riverside, CA

You need to post a picture of the suction lines that lead into the pump. The ones you've posted are the return side of the plumbing
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD

4. Back To Top    #4

New Jersey

I have an overspilling spa as well with my pool and the only way to accomplish what you need is to stop the circulation of the pool altogether and only pull water from and into the spa. Should be fairly easy to figure out.
    Free Form Gunite Saltwater Pool, 29,000 Gallons, Jandy DEL60 Filter, Jandy AquaPure 1400 Chlorinator, Polaris 380 Cleaner, Attached HotTub.