Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

  1. Back To Top    #1

    LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Hi

    I cannot find any info in the archives or the manual.....

    I need help with my Intellibrite 5g pool lights. They are 2yrs.old. One in deep end and the other in shallow end.

    Last year when we opened, they worked great!! Then after a few weeks, they went out of sync with each other in a color mode(party,sunset,romance). My pool guy came over and 'recalibrated' them. Then they worked great the rest of the summer.

    This year, it happened again. They just went out of sync, one is one color while the other one is another color. My pool guy is not making time for me.... please help me get my 'romance' back in sync with each other......
    Thanks a bunch....!!
    Mark

    18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad JVTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    5,079

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    His "recalibration" may have just been power cycling the whole system to reset whatever memory is innate to the system that controls light color cycling. I'm not an expert on these light automation systems or automation systems in general but turning off the breakers providing power to the pool equipment for a short time, then turning them back on might do the trick. You may also lose any programs or programmed settings when doing this, however.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Ukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Export, PA
    Posts
    83

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    are they still bright?
    Lagoon shape, 23,600 Gal, steel walls by International Swimming Pools, "ultra-seam" liner by Latham, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pump, PentAir CCP420 filter, Heat Siphon Z575HP, PentAir IC40 SWG, 2 LED Lights (Pentair Intellibrite 5G, 110V). 4 x 1.5’’return lines, 2 x 2’’skimmer lines, 1.5’’ waterfall line. All plumbing is "TigerFlex" pipe, all lines plumbed individually. Deck: travertine glued over concrete.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Yes, they are bright.

    Each light is a different color when in a 'color mode'.

    Any suggestions would be of great help.
    Thanks a bunch....!!
    Mark

    18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

  5. Back To Top    #5

    In the Industry
    Pool Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,636

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    From the indoor control panel (ICP):

    confirm your lights have been set up correctly in the circuit function section of the menu.

    MENU
    Scroll to "settings", select.
    Scroll to "circuit functions", select.
    Scroll to the aux that corresponds to your light(s), select.
    Scroll to "Intellibrite" (may already be selected), select.

    Hit the menu button till you have backed out of the menu.

    To Sync:
    MENU
    Scroll to lights, select.
    scroll to "Sync", select.

    Hit menu to back out.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Soooooo.......Pool Clown.

    It didn't work!!

    I checked everything and it is all correctly done. My hubby is a EE and he did all the electrical work and he is at his wits end.

    Any other suggestions???

    Please...........????????!!!!!
    Thanks a bunch....!!
    Mark

    18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Mod Squad JVTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    5,079

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    It doesn't reset or fix itself on a power cycle of the whole system?

    # Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Riverside California
    Posts
    473

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    To re sync the Intellibrites, you need to do a quick power off and then back on, 1-12 times depending upon what color you want. If the power off/on cycle is not quick enough, you will just recall the last setting the light had. The manual is not clear about this at all. If I had to guess what quick is, I would think one second or less. What are you using to control the lights? Just a switch, or do you have an Easy Touch, Intellitouch or Intellibrite controller? JVtrain is right, you pool guy probably just came out and turned the lights off and back on quickly, which would have re synced them.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

  9. Back To Top    #9

    In the Industry
    Pool Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,636

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Try it again, only this time, do it at panel at the equipment. When you selected "sync" you should then hear the Easytouch system begin to switch the relay on and off several times. Do you hear this happening? Also, are these 2 lights in the same Aux? Or are they on two different Aux's?
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    They are on the same AUX.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    It doesn't reset or fix itself on a power cycle of the whole system?

    # Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!
    No, it doesn't. We have powered of and on quickly and even powered down the whole system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gary300 View Post
    To re sync the Intellibrites, you need to do a quick power off and then back on, 1-12 times depending upon what color you want. If the power off/on cycle is not quick enough, you will just recall the last setting the light had. The manual is not clear about this at all. If I had to guess what quick is, I would think one second or less. What are you using to control the lights? Just a switch, or do you have an Easy Touch, Intellitouch or Intellibrite controller? JVtrain is right, you pool guy probably just came out and turned the lights off and back on quickly, which would have re synced them.
    We have an Easy Touch.

    I was there when he fix it and he did more than just turn off/on the system.

    Plus we have done that a few times and it hasn't worked at all.
    Thanks a bunch....!!
    Mark

    18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    It doesn't reset or fix itself on a power cycle of the whole system?

    # Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!
    "Power cycle of the whole system"....??????
    Thanks a bunch....!!
    Mark

    18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

  12. Back To Top    #12

    In the Industry
    Pool Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,636

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Try resetting the Easytouch (not a power cycle). Reset button is on the outdoor control panel to the right of the solar button. Hold it for about a second and release. Then try to sync again. If lights don't sync at that point, there may be a problem with the light(s) themselves. They should sync from the panel in the way i described.

    This will rule out a possible bug with the Easytouch Software preventing sync. In theory, if the lights are always wired together, they should never become un-synced. What your pool guy may have done was un-wire one light, then set hold to one color(white) on the other light, then disconnected that light, re-connected the other, and set that one. Then reconnected them back together.

    If they are under a year old, call Pentair for warranty. Or, if you had purchased two other Pentair products, in addition to the 2 lights, at the same time, should be warrantied for 3 years.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Re: LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

    Quote Originally Posted by Pool Clown View Post
    Try resetting the Easytouch (not a power cycle). Reset button is on the outdoor control panel to the right of the solar button. Hold it for about a second and release. Then try to sync again. If lights don't sync at that point, there may be a problem with the light(s) themselves. They should sync from the panel in the way i described.

    This will rule out a possible bug with the Easytouch Software preventing sync. In theory, if the lights are always wired together, they should never become un-synced. What your pool guy may have done was un-wire one light, then set hold to one color(white) on the other light, then disconnected that light, re-connected the other, and set that one. Then reconnected them back together.

    If they are under a year old, call Pentair for warranty. Or, if you had purchased two other Pentair products, in addition to the 2 lights, at the same time, should be warrantied for 3 years.
    Alright Pool Clown, I am trying that tomorrow!!!

    I will let you know....
    Thanks a bunch....!!
    Mark

    18x38 25K gallon vinyl, Hayward DE filter, Intelliflo VS pump, Intellichlor SWG, Pentair EZ Touch control system

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •