Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just joined forum

1. Back To Top    #1

Rocklin Ca

Just joined forum

I just joined this forum last week in hopes of learning how to get control of my pool without the help of helpful salesmen. About my pool Iíve had it 10 years itís 20,000 gal in ground. 2013 I had a Pentair Intella flow pump installed, Also bought new filters for a STA Rite 450 sq Ft cartridge filer system. 2014 replaced the pool sweep booster pump with a Hayward 6060. I also have a Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator non functioning for two years debating on replacing it. So all last year my pool has been a struggle to maintain any kind of proper chemical balance. So this year has started off just the same so realizing the local pool supplies are no help, hear I am determined to get control of the pool. Anyway I go by SacDave or just Dave I live in the Sacramento Ca..I just received the TF100 test kit so tomorrow Iíll post some results in Chemistry 201. I have been reading some of the pool school stuff good information. Looking forward to leaning proper pool maintenance Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just joined forum

You are going to love TFP and your TF-100 test kit!
    18ft Round AG, Vinyl, 100LB Pentair Sand Filter, 1HP, June 2012, TF-100 w/SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3
    Central Minnesota

Welcome aboard! Be sure to add the details of your pool to your forum signature. To change your profile and/or signature, select "Settings" (top right under Pool School button). Scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" & select Edit Profile or Edit Signature. It helps immensely when you post test results and ask for advice on how to proceed if we have a better idea of what pool equipment you're working with.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP and for getting a TF-100 right off the bat.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

New with TF-100 in-hand already. Doesn't get any better than that. Welcome.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!