Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Weir Missing - How Can I Identify Skimmer Make and Model

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Weir Missing - How Can I Identify Skimmer Make and Model

Just purchased a new (for me) house. I noticed that the something did not seem right about the way the skimmer was working, and discovered the weir was missing. I can see two pins sticking out where it was attached. I looked for a brand name, but could not find one. What's the best way to identify the make and model, so I can order a new weir?

Thanks!
    Michael

20,000 gallon in-ground gunite/plaster pool (1992), attached spa with spillway, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP pump, Smith booster pump for pool sweep, Pentair 2000 DE filter, Sta Rite Max-E-Therm 400 heater, Silencer Blower 2 HP for spa, Polaris 280 pool sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer Weir Missing - How Can I Identify Skimmer Make and Model

Usually on the underside of the skimmer cover their will be the brand name and perhaps a part number for the skimmer cover. If you post pictures of the skimmer, someone here will have a good chance at identifying it.
    Last edited by JVTrain; 06-15-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: clarify where to look...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Here are a whole bunch based on measurements.

Pool Skimmer Weirs. Skimmer Weir Doors. Skimmer Weir.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Usually on the underside of the skimmer cover their will be the brand name and perhaps a part number for the skimmer cover. If you post pictures of the skimmer, someone here will have a good chance at identifying it.
    Unfortunately, no brand name found anywhere. Here are some pictures. The middle photo shows two attaching pins, and then above probably a stop.

20150617_192416[1].jpg
    20150617_192526[1].jpg
    20150617_192646[1].jpg
    Michael

20,000 gallon in-ground gunite/plaster pool (1992), attached spa with spillway, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP pump, Smith booster pump for pool sweep, Pentair 2000 DE filter, Sta Rite Max-E-Therm 400 heater, Silencer Blower 2 HP for spa, Polaris 280 pool sweep.

5. Back To Top    #5

Did you look on the underside of that skimmer cover?
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

I looked there, and, unfortunately, there was no writing.
    Michael

7. Back To Top    #7

Dang it! Maybe if you call Sunplay at 877-865-2493 you can give them the measurement and pics and they can help out.
    TFP Moderator