Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much should I pay for an AGP?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much should I pay for an AGP?

I already have a 17' Intex pool but are looking to replace with a larger hard sided pool and build a deck around it. I've decided to hire a company for this project. My question is how come some pools are so much more expensive than others? I realize I bought an economy pool in the Intex pool. I've seen some 24' hard sided pools online for about $2,000 but the pool places in my area charge about $7,000 for the same size pools. The company I'm looking at installs Fabcote pools. I want to make sure I'm not over-paying. Thank you for any input you might have.

A link to their home page is below.

Fabcote - Home

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much should I pay for an AGP?

They might be including installation and the filter/accessories. But $7k sounds high for a 24'. I just bought a 24' and paid about 3k for the pool, filter&pump, ladder upgrade, vacuum etc. and I got a more expensive model because I wanted aluminum and resin top rails. Then it cost me $1500 for it to be installed which including digging 1' on one side to level it enough.
    Sharkline 24' round 54" aluminum AG pool. Waterway 2HP 125sq ft. cartridge filter. Using k-2006 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Bardstown KY

Re: How much should I pay for an AGP?

Adding your location to your profile is helpful, as pricing varies quite a bit by area. We have 33' and paid around $6k including installation and all equipment and accessories, buying a resin model. It was the second most expensive one our dealer sold, not a low end model, so I'd agree that your quote sounds high.
    27k gallon 33' round, partially buried 22" Sandman sand filter, 1.5hp 2 speed TidalWave pump, Pentair 'Lil Shark with leaf canister, TF-100 Test Kit