Newbie with test results on new pool. TA very high

Jun 1, 2015
Florida
These are the test results from our new pool. Finished filling yesterday. Pumps running but swg is not on yet. TA is really high wondering what I can do about that. Water clarity is not bad. Wondering when I should add the salt and turn on the swg?
FC- .6
CC- .10
PH- 7.8
TA- 275
CH- 175
CYA- 30

Taylor k2006 test kit

These are the test results from our new pool. Finished filling yesterday. Pumps running but swg is not on yet. TA is really high wondering what I can do about that. Water clarity is not bad. Wondering when I should add the salt and turn on the swg?
FC- .6
CC- .10
PH- 7.8
TA- 275
CH- 175
CYA- 30

Taylor k2006 test kit
Hmmmm. check the decimal places on those chlorine readings. The Taylor kit isn't that accurate.

Secondly, repeat that TA test but wipe the tip of the bottle off with a damp paper towel before testing and between each drop. Static electricity on new bottles is a known problem, and will make the drops too small, hence more, hence falsely high TA.

Once you have the TA reading, plug numbers into poolmath and lower pH to 7.2 with acid. Give that half an hour and raise the FC to 5 or 6, if it isn't already.

Salt can go in anytime. You'll want higher CYA if you're going to use the SWG, too. Has yours all dissolved yet> What did you target? I suggest holding Diamond Day if there are any children in the household.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.