Pentair IntelliChlor IC60 Vertical mount

TomK

Platinum Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Hampton, South Carolina
I am installing a new Pentair Intelliflow VF, and in the process would like to reconfigure the plumbing for my IntelliChlor IC60. Basically I want to move the device from the floor to the wall using the recommended lengths of 'straight' pipe. I've found several references to IntelliChlor devices on the forum that suggest that the manual for those SWGs allow for vertical placement, however I cannot find anything in my manual or the forum concerning vertical placement for the IC60. Has anyone got any info on vertical placement of the IC60?
Thanks, TomK

Page 5 of the IC Manual shows a vertical arrangement as part of a bypass loop (for high flow pumps).

Not enough detail? I think the only requirement I know of is 12-18" of straight PVC before the input side of the IC60 to ensure that turbulent flow does not mess up the flow sensor. The flow sensor looks like a plastic tab with a magnet on the end that dangles in the water stream. If the flow is too low, then the magnet does not get pushed close enough to the internal reed switch to make closure. I think the input side is up so that the magnet isn't impeded from making proper closure. If it's oriented the wrong way vertically, then I think it takes greater flow rates to move the magnet and the flow sensor may not make closure at all.

Give Pentair technical support a call, they are helpful.

Last edited:
Don't work too hard or make some crazy plumbing arrangement just to get the 12" of straight pipe in front of it there are many without it and it works fine. There are pics of mine in my build thread in sig, it has been working great like this for 3 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.