Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ordering our 1st pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Ordering our 1st pool

We have the option for 1 or 2 skimmers and returns.
    What do you think? Is more better?
    Radiant Pool, Garnet design, IG, vinyl liner, 18 x 36, 19,000 gal., Pentair TAG 60 sand filter, Pentair 1.5 HP Pump, Pentair 90 Heat pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Ordering our 1st pool

I suspect it depends on your site specifically, but as someone with a lot of trees, a terrace, and windborn organics, I'd have loved a second skimmer in my pool

At the same time, I dramatically reduced the amount of debris by installing a cheap pool skim product on a return that creates a Venturi effect and collects debris on the south end, so even if you go with one now and later wish you had a "second collector" there are inexpensive options
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Ordering our 1st pool

Agree with SW. If you have lots of trees or the wind blows a lot from one direction and then switches to another direction then it is great to have two skimmers. For us we get a lot of wind from the southwest and a lot of wind from the northwest depending whether we are getting a warm front or cool front. It would be good to have a skimmer downwind for each direction.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach