Finished SLAM! Next Step?

May 29, 2015
Cincinnati/ohio
So I have successfully finished my first SLAM! So excited I discovered this website and TFtest kit just prior to my incident of having topsoil dumped in my pool! The water is now sparkling and I passed my OCLT last night! Yay!!!!

My next concern is adjusting my SWG and also lowering my TA.

6:30 AM results
FC 14
CC 0
CYA 50-60 ( I have standard solution on order, still learning this test)
pH 7.8
TA130
CH 225

After passing the OCLT I adjusted my salt level and turned the SWG back on. It's set at 30% (down from the 40% I have kept it on the past 2 years with no problem) and this evening at 6 PM my FC is at 13.

Should I turn it down further to let the FC drop?

Is my FC low enough that my pH is registering accurately?

Congrats on completing the SLAM!

Your pH will not test correctly while your FC is above 10. Your TA will drop on its own as you add acid to adjust your pH. Just keep a close eye on your pH when you get below 10 FC because it will likely rise quickly until your TA gets under control.

You can just shut down your SWG for a day or two to let your FC drop to the target. You will want to bring your CYA up to help decrease the amount of FC loss during the day, but you can wait until you get your standard solution and are more sure of your current CYA. From there just figure out your run time and % through trial and error.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.