Someone dumped this Hayward Bag Filter in the alley behind my house

gtemkin

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
I was out of town this last weekend and today I go behind my house and there's this massive filter laying on it's side in the alley. Not more than 5 feet on the other side of the fence is my pool. Now Seattle doesn't have a high concentration of inground pools and the likelyhood that someone would dump this thing coincidentally in my alley is pretty low.

It say's it's a bag filter made by Hayward. Guessing it's industrial in nature. Before I had an auto cover on my pool, I toyed with the idea of having a separate filter to vacuum all the leaves and cedar tree droppings, without loosing any water. This would have been ideal....but I don't need something like this anymore. Who could use this? I see it priced online at $1,430 !!!

IMG_1598.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg

OH so weird! Have you taken it apart to see if it is any good?

I wonder if someone doing metal recycling thought they could sell. When they found out it was worthless to them for that they left it for you in case you could use it?

Kim

OH so weird! Have you taken it apart to see if it is any good?

I wonder if someone doing metal recycling thought they could sell. When they found out it was worthless to them for that they left it for you in case you could use it?

Kim

I do get alley cruisers in pick up trucks come through occasionally. That's a possibility.

Could it be stolen? That's seems like a pretty valuable item.

Seems like a very odd thing to steal. Not a great market to sell this very specialized filter and not the easiest thing to lug around. Don't know?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.