Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Someone dumped this Hayward Bag Filter in the alley behind my house

1. Back To Top    #1

Someone dumped this Hayward Bag Filter in the alley behind my house

I was out of town this last weekend and today I go behind my house and there's this massive filter laying on it's side in the alley. Not more than 5 feet on the other side of the fence is my pool. Now Seattle doesn't have a high concentration of inground pools and the likelyhood that someone would dump this thing coincidentally in my alley is pretty low.

It say's it's a bag filter made by Hayward. Guessing it's industrial in nature. Before I had an auto cover on my pool, I toyed with the idea of having a separate filter to vacuum all the leaves and cedar tree droppings, without loosing any water. This would have been ideal....but I don't need something like this anymore. Who could use this? I see it priced online at $1,430 !!!

IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Someone dumped this Hayward Bag Filter in the alley behind my house

OH so weird! Have you taken it apart to see if it is any good?

I wonder if someone doing metal recycling thought they could sell. When they found out it was worthless to them for that they left it for you in case you could use it?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Could it be stolen? That's seems like a pretty valuable item.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    OH so weird! Have you taken it apart to see if it is any good?

I wonder if someone doing metal recycling thought they could sell. When they found out it was worthless to them for that they left it for you in case you could use it?

Kim
    I do get alley cruisers in pick up trucks come through occasionally. That's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by S1ngram View Post
    Could it be stolen? That's seems like a pretty valuable item.
    Seems like a very odd thing to steal. Not a great market to sell this very specialized filter and not the easiest thing to lug around. Don't know?
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.