AutoPilot Digital Nano or Pentair Intellichlor IC40......Let the battle begin!

sag365

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 29, 2015
Ft. Myers, FL
Have weeded down my choice for a SWG to these two (unless someone else has a really good recommendation). I know all SWG's have their pros and cons, but what say you TFP experts?

Also, I have spent the weekend reading some horror stories about SWG. Some have said, especially those in SW Florida, that summer rains make it very hard for SWG to work properly. Any truth to that?

Thanks.

Also, I have spent the weekend reading some horror stories about SWG. Some have said, especially those in SW Florida, that summer rains make it very hard for SWG to work properly. Any truth to that?
Was that on this forum? The rain should not impact the ability of the SWG to keep up if you have your chemistry balanced.

Personally I like the Hayward SWGs ... a nice mid-range unit that is widely used and thus easy to find help. Note that without Pentair automation, their SWG is limited to 20% output increments AND the cells are more expensive to replace.

Only thing I can think of with rain (a lot) is it would dilute water, lower salt concentration. But I'd think this would be a given - if you have a SWG you have to maintain the salt to within the manufacturers specifications. Doesn't mean the SWG doesn't work correctly.

As for brand, I'd consider what, if any, automation or other equipment you plan to put in in the future. Try to stick with the same brand for everything where it matters. Otherwise, stand-alone, I'd say the Autopilot over the Pentair due to what jbizzle mentions (and I love my IC40...so far).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.