Test kit storage

The only test in the TF100 that has any odor is the phenol red test, and none of them require special needs for ventilation.

That makes sense. I always have my DPD and pH tests out at the same time. I must be really sensitive to the phenol red because few around me smell it but I always turn my nose away.

I wasn't implying any danger, just that I hate the smell and wondered if anyone else smelled them as well. I don't even wash it down my sink because the smell lingers. I dispose of the solution outdoors on the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice the odor of the phenol red as well. My K-1000 container always has that aroma. I rinse the case out frequently... Always test inside, but if I do the K-1000 test after dark, the yellow hue of the standard incandescent bulbs in my normal testing room (breakfast nook table) throws off my ability to see the TC color match well.

Kit is stored in that same room, in a small cabinet.

The TA test and CH test and FAS/DPD chlorine test DO NOT rely on a particular hue of color. They are color CHANGE tests and regardless of what color you think it might be, that is irrelevant.

I'm gonna' repeat this from last night...
Don't overthink this TFP method and do not overthink how difficult these tests are.....they simply are not.

It is not intended to make managing your pool so burdensome you wish you had filled it in and planted daisies.
Our Mission Statement on the Home page
roubleFreePool.com exists to develop and promote a simple, inexpensive, and effective system of pool care.
That word "simple" was not put there by accident. It is to encourage all the newbies that most everyone can do these tests. We don't help them by frightening them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.