Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low to no pressure

1. Back To Top    #1

Low to no pressure

Hi, I am new on this site, and new to owning a pool. We bought a crack house, and we've been fixing it up. The pool is only 3,000 gallons, and it was a viscous pond of scum. We fully drained it with a sump pump and had the pump, filter, and valves replaced.

The he pool has 7 returns, a waterfall, and a fountain. I do not feel any water coming out of any returns, I do not feel any suction from the skimmer or from either floor drain, and the fountain is a mere trickle. It seemed fine for the first day or two after the new equipment was installed. Any ideas why I have ridiculously low pressure?

i am frustrated. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Low to no pressure

3,000 gallons and 7 returns, waterfall, and fountain? You sure about the gallons? Did you drop a zero? Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Either it is 30k gallon pool ... or a 3k "spool" spa/pool

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

What is the filter pressure doing when you see the flow rate drop?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, it is tiny. 2 returns and a fountain on the sun shelf. 3 returns on the seat off of the sun shelf. 2 returns in the "deep" end.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you both for welcoming me. The filter pressure is around 5psi.

6. Back To Top    #6

What does the water look like?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Is that enough info in the signature? Why can't I add a pic?
    3,000 gallon pool, IG, marcite finish, new equipment: Hayward 100 sq ft cartridge filter, 1.5 hp Hayward SP2602VSP variable pump, Hayward swimpure plus salt chlorination, valves. not sure when it was built, ware tested at pool store

8. Back To Top    #8

Now we see that you have a VS pump. What model is that? (add to Sig) What speed are you running it at?

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.

FYI, we do not trust pool store testing and I highly recommend you invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits before you have a chemistry problem.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

3,000 gallon pool, IG, marcite finish, new equipment: Hayward 100 sq ft cartridge filter, 1.5 hp Hayward SP2602VSP variable pump, Hayward swimpure plus salt chlorination, valves. not sure when it was built, ware tested at pool store

10. Back To Top    #10

The water is currently clear due to all the chemicals they had me add.

Why test it myself? Are they over-selling me chemicals?

i added the model to my signature. It maxes out at 3,000rpm. I've not touched the default of:
    V1: 1500 8 hrs
    V2: 2400 4 hrs
    V3: 3000 1 hr