Soggy

Jun 8, 2015
Sarasota, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First of all thank you to all for such great information. A month ago I was still trusting my local pool supply company for testing and guidance until I got a pool full of algae. I got frustrated and decided to get educated and stumbled onto the BBB method which brings me here to TFP. It's taken a while but finally the water is becoming more stable. The recycling guy who comes on Tuesdays must think we're nuts. More empty bleach bottles than beer bottles... I spent a lot of time working with the correct chemicals, along with guidance from TFP to get the water to where it is. I worked for hours sweeping the pool and I also spent a lot of time in the pool with scrub brushes. I didn't keep count but I must have pulled and rinsed the filters 5 or 6 times. Never again will I allow that to happen to my pool!

TA is high but the water is crystal clear. Another post I read said they could read the face of a quarter on the bottom of the deep of their pool and that's the case here. Should I bother lowering the TA? Lower the pH with acid then aerate the water. That would cause the TA to go down and the pH to come up?

pH 7.6
TA 160
CYA 40
FC 6.5
CC < 0.5
temp 84

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like you are in great shape. TA is generally no something to be worried about. A high TA will cause the pH to rise a little more quickly, but if you keep the pH in range, then that does not matter.

If your pH is rising faster than you like, then you could work on Lowering Total Alkalinity. The acid lowers the pH and the TA, the aeration only raises the pH ... allowing you to add more acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.