Travertine Paver Deck Sinking!

pfknp

May 23, 2014
United States
I had my pool installed 3 1/2 years ago. Had gorgeous travertine deck installed. From that time on have had sinkage issues. I mean seriously. 6 months after install started to sink including putting my foot all the way through to about 7 inches. I nearly broke my ankle. PB came out three times over last few years to fix this problem, each time assuring me wouldn't happen again. Now it has sunk again in places, at least an inch. PB is refusing to pay for the fix, but says he will pay for 'half' of what his paver subcontractor is charging. That still means $600 from my pocket. I am frustrated and upset beyond belief because I do believe something wasn't properly done during the install. He says its way beyong the workmanship warranty... but this has been happening all along since installation. should I hire an engineer to inspect for structural defects? Any ideas how to resolve this would be appreciated. I would prefer to not go to court over this, but we are in confilict and both see it differently. PLUS this will be a huge expense if I need to have this $1200 fix done every year. Help!

Well, with a location of "United States" it's probably tough for anyone to give you localized specific information. I guess you have three options:

Split it with him as he suggests using his sub contractor and hope they do better this time

Hire your own subcontractor hoping it will be fixed correctly

Hire an engineer which I'm sure will necessitate the hiring of an attorney shortly thereafter.

I don't think there is an easy solution to this type problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.