Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plastic leg caps

1. Back To Top    #1

Glenwood, MN

Plastic leg caps

I am wondering if anyone has a good idea for a replacement to the plastic leg caps on a metal support above ground pool. I have two or three that have broken and am placing my pool on a brand new cement pad. I do not want to pay 4-8 dollars for a silly piece of plastic, which is the rate they are being sold on Amazon and Ebay. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks~Brandy
    15' Summer Escapes
    Sand filter pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Plastic leg caps

Measure the diameter of the pipe and see if there's something at the hardware store that will fit. Lowes
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Seattle, WA

Re: Plastic leg caps

If you could post a picture of the cap with a few approximate dimensions, we may be able to make a connection to something inexpensive, that could be a suitable substitute.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.