2 year paver problems

Jun 23, 2014
sandwich, il
I have done a lot of reading here. Thanks for all the information provided here. Now I have a question. This is the second year that I have set up my intex 32*16 ultra frame pool. I used the same pavers as last year, which are 8 inches wide*16 long *1 1/2 high. Last year I had 1 or two blocks sink on the front end and tip so that the end of the support was at the front of the block, but I let it go and had no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20150614_141803.jpg
    IMG_20150614_141803.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 139
All I can think of is to get bigger blocks and make sure the poles are put on in such a way that IF the block tried to tip/move with the pole there is still plenty of block for it to stay on.

Wet ground has a lot of give. I bet the dirt is giving under the weight of the pool.

Good luck!

Kim

put 3+ inches of gravel underneath the pavers. Of course if the ground gets REALLY wet (souply) your only option is to double or triple your stone length, but then you run into strength issues (stone could break). If it were me, I'd put a bed of gravel (3") then sand (1") then stone. Kinds like how you would lay a normal paver deck.

Good luck!

put 3+ inches of gravel underneath the pavers. Of course if the ground gets REALLY wet (souply) your only option is to double or triple your stone length, but then you run into strength issues (stone could break). If it were me, I'd put a bed of gravel (3") then sand (1") then stone. Kinds like how you would lay a normal paver deck.

Good luck!

I like this idea the best! We have a winner!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been thinking about it more. I am worried that any attempt to lever up the pole going down will cause it to bend more :(

Maybe just try to shore it up so it does not sink any more and find a way to support that area. 2x4s with a groove notched in the top to fit the top rail in with pavers under them? One on each side of the low pole?

Above all else be careful that it does not sink more.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.