Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 year paver problems

1. Back To Top    #1

2 year paver problems

I have done a lot of reading here. Thanks for all the information provided here. Now I have a question. This is the second year that I have set up my intex 32*16 ultra frame pool. I used the same pavers as last year, which are 8 inches wide*16 long *1 1/2 high. Last year I had 1 or two blocks sink on the front end and tip so that the end of the support was at the front of the block, but I let it go and had no problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14000 gallons
    Above ground pool - Intex 16ft x 32ft x 52 inches
    saltwater system pump model CS20110
    Brand new pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 year paver problems

All I can think of is to get bigger blocks and make sure the poles are put on in such a way that IF the block tried to tip/move with the pole there is still plenty of block for it to stay on.

Wet ground has a lot of give. I bet the dirt is giving under the weight of the pool.

Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Maybe put a base of some type of rock under the pavers?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

i would agree with PAGirl. Or you could stack 3 pavers like a pyramid which would give more ground taking the weight.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

put 3+ inches of gravel underneath the pavers. Of course if the ground gets REALLY wet (souply) your only option is to double or triple your stone length, but then you run into strength issues (stone could break). If it were me, I'd put a bed of gravel (3") then sand (1") then stone. Kinds like how you would lay a normal paver deck.

Good luck!
    About to build an in-ground free-from gunite pool in the back yard (no spa). Currently estimated at 19,000 gallons. Likely going with a SWG.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Eddd View Post
    put 3+ inches of gravel underneath the pavers. Of course if the ground gets REALLY wet (souply) your only option is to double or triple your stone length, but then you run into strength issues (stone could break). If it were me, I'd put a bed of gravel (3") then sand (1") then stone. Kinds like how you would lay a normal paver deck.

Good luck!
    I like this idea the best! We have a winner!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for all the replies. Is the pool ok to swim in if I leave it be? All the other sides are fine and the water is level within an inch or two. I really don't want to drain it and refill after thinking about it.
    14000 gallons
    Brand new pool

9. Back To Top    #9

Do you have any kind of help that can/will help you use something to get the let up and paver back under it?

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, I have someone to help me but I am not sure how to go about it.
    14000 gallons
    Brand new pool

11. Back To Top    #11

I have been thinking about it more. I am worried that any attempt to lever up the pole going down will cause it to bend more

Maybe just try to shore it up so it does not sink any more and find a way to support that area. 2x4s with a groove notched in the top to fit the top rail in with pavers under them? One on each side of the low pole?

Above all else be careful that it does not sink more.

Kim