CYA 60

Saturdays values were
    FC 4.5
    cc 0
    pH 7.6
    TA 120
    CH 200
    CYA 60

We had a TON of rain and then LOTS and LOTS of bodies in the water. I had my SWG only at 25% with pump time about 10 hours a day. I am still learning the SWG and TFP methods.

My water is crystal clear and has the jeweled look!!

My question is this - should I add the appropriate amount of 12.5% to bring it to target or should I super chlorinate for the next 6-8 hours and retest in the morning? Currently there are (4) 11 year olds swimming and we are expecting storms tonight and possibly tomorrow as well

Thank you for your help.
    Thanks!!
    18ft x 36ft 24500 gal vinyl liner inground
    Salt water pool - swim pure plus
    Hayward cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: add 12.5% or super-chlorinate

I dont have an SWG, but I think the general recommendation is to use bleach rather than to super-chlorinate with the SWG. That way you immediately get it back up to target and don't have to adjust the settings. One gallon would likely serve you right with your pool size. Good luck.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

It's your choice how you bring the chlorine level up, but the SWG is going to be vvery slow. You really don't want the FC below 3 at any time so you may need to adjust you r% or run time to keep the level a little higher.

if it were me, like PT said I would just bring the kids out of the pool an pour in some bleach with the pump running to get it up to 4 or 5.

Always keep in mind that the SWG has a finite life span and the more often you run it hard or "super chlorinate" you are just reducing the life faster than you need to.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks folks - bleach going in
    Thanks!!
    18ft x 36ft 24500 gal vinyl liner inground
    Salt water pool - swim pure plus
    Hayward cartridge filter