What happened to my pebble?

PB will clean them up with Muriatic Acid.
I had a couple of patched like that on my sunshelf.
Mine they cleaned up before filling but I'm sure they will figure out a way to do it.

I would say it's possible that some dirt got in there but then it's on the opposite side of the shelf so I'm not sure. We tried getting it off and it won't come out. The plaster company is coming out tomorrow to look. I'm really upset because it's extremely noticeable and looks horrible. And it's very frustrating that it's taking them this long to come back out because now apprently we have to go through the warranty department. also now I possibly have to drain the pool to get this fixed and waste all the chemicals that were put in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm so sorry about your finish. This is the time you should be celebrating, not worrying. Hold on and see what the plaster guys say. (I know, easier said than done.) I'm hoping it works out easily for you! Take care. Suz.

So sorry I hope they get this fixed quickly it's stories like this that just make me second guess this entire thing. If I made mistakes in my job like many I have seen on this site I would be looking for a new job. If this is dirt, they needed to take steps needed to ensure this does not happen, I am assuming this is not there first pool.

It's stuff like this that's pushing me to do OB because they aren't getting paid until its done correct, $$ hold back makes them do it correctly the first time and fix any issue that may have come up quickly.

Ours is the same they require the last payment before the interior and deck is finished which is fine because it was such a small amount I wasn't really worried about it. The deck is supposed to be done tomorrow and the guy from the pebble company will be here tomorrow as well to look at it. Guess we will see how that goes. While they have been responsive to things it just seems like we have had an issue with every single sub that was out here. To top it off the guy from the pb who is managing our project hasn't been here in over a week. Why am I paying someone to manage this project? Why do I have to do all the work yet still pay someone who should be catching these issues. They have a bad review coming once things are done.

For future reference, payment should always happen AFTER each phase, not before. This is good standard practice for any type of construction. For example, my build is about to start, and I pay NOTHING until the hole is dug. Then I pay a whopping 35%. After gunite, I pay another %, then after plaster, then after decking, and the final 5% (wish it were 15%) is not paid until I am satisfied and they are done.

Good luck, I bet this is something they can fix for you.

Interesting, every company we interviewed required a small amount prior to pebble/deck finish. In retrospect I should have held the payment however, I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference since we didn't notice until the pool was filled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.