Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to my pebble?

1. Back To Top    #1

What happened to my pebble?

So the pool was filled friday and then we noticed these like brown stains? They do NOT come off

( Under Construction) (May, 11th 2015 start date) 25' x 16' free-form, IG shotcrete, Blue Granite pebble sheen, travertine with stacked stone sheer descent, Hayward variable speed pump,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What happened to my pebble?

Yikes, that would worry me a little too. Hope someone knows and its easily addressed!
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know - but hopefully someone can give you some answers. I am loving your pool!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

PB will clean them up with Muriatic Acid.
    I had a couple of patched like that on my sunshelf.
    Mine they cleaned up before filling but I'm sure they will figure out a way to do it.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks I'll take some pictures tonight we did a little landscaping and they are doing the chemicals and stuff now.
    ( Under Construction) (May, 11th 2015 start date) 25' x 16' free-form, IG shotcrete, Blue Granite pebble sheen, travertine with stacked stone sheer descent, Hayward variable speed pump,

6. Back To Top    #6

Agree, call the PB, hopefully that's just a simple fix. Can't wait to see the filled pool!
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks I have a call into them to come fix it. I'll let everyone know what happens.

8. Back To Top    #8

any chance somebody or animal jumped in while it was still filling up?
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

9. Back To Top    #9

It almost looks like dirt that got in the wet PS but you would think that would wash out?
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)

10. Back To Top    #10

I would say it's possible that some dirt got in there but then it's on the opposite side of the shelf so I'm not sure. We tried getting it off and it won't come out. The plaster company is coming out tomorrow to look. I'm really upset because it's extremely noticeable and looks horrible. And it's very frustrating that it's taking them this long to come back out because now apprently we have to go through the warranty department. also now I possibly have to drain the pool to get this fixed and waste all the chemicals that were put in.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I'm so sorry about your finish. This is the time you should be celebrating, not worrying. Hold on and see what the plaster guys say. (I know, easier said than done.) I'm hoping it works out easily for you! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

So sorry I hope they get this fixed quickly it's stories like this that just make me second guess this entire thing. If I made mistakes in my job like many I have seen on this site I would be looking for a new job. If this is dirt, they needed to take steps needed to ensure this does not happen, I am assuming this is not there first pool.

It's stuff like this that's pushing me to do OB because they aren't getting paid until its done correct, $$ hold back makes them do it correctly the first time and fix any issue that may have come up quickly.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Titan7 View Post
    $$ hold back makes them do it correctly the first time and fix any issue that may have come up quickly.
    that's the hard thing. with my company the last payment is before pebble.
    cbrach411 how have they resolved other issues?
    40' x 12' IG shotcrete (3 1/2' 5, 4'), Hayward variable spd pumpSP3400VSP, Paramount PV3 in-floor, venturi skimmer, 14,400 glns, Hayward Turbo salt cell T Cell-15, UV, Hayward DE filter, model DE4820, 2 Hayward Color Logic 320 LED color lights, Hayward P4 w puck. 2" line to in-floor valve (46'), deck mount canister parascoping fountain, leaf canister, Marbella, pebble. new build 6-24-15

14. Back To Top    #14

Ours is the same they require the last payment before the interior and deck is finished which is fine because it was such a small amount I wasn't really worried about it. The deck is supposed to be done tomorrow and the guy from the pebble company will be here tomorrow as well to look at it. Guess we will see how that goes. While they have been responsive to things it just seems like we have had an issue with every single sub that was out here. To top it off the guy from the pb who is managing our project hasn't been here in over a week. Why am I paying someone to manage this project? Why do I have to do all the work yet still pay someone who should be catching these issues. They have a bad review coming once things are done.

15. Back To Top    #15

Also, I found a couple spots like this as well

16. Back To Top    #16

For future reference, payment should always happen AFTER each phase, not before. This is good standard practice for any type of construction. For example, my build is about to start, and I pay NOTHING until the hole is dug. Then I pay a whopping 35%. After gunite, I pay another %, then after plaster, then after decking, and the final 5% (wish it were 15%) is not paid until I am satisfied and they are done.

Good luck, I bet this is something they can fix for you.
    About to build an in-ground free-from gunite pool in the back yard (no spa). Currently estimated at 19,000 gallons. Likely going with a SWG.

17. Back To Top    #17

Interesting, every company we interviewed required a small amount prior to pebble/deck finish. In retrospect I should have held the payment however, I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference since we didn't notice until the pool was filled.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    any chance somebody or animal jumped in while it was still filling up?
    yeah, we have some "perma paw prints" on our baja step courtesy of 2 GSDs
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Did the plaster company come out to check the brown spots?
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

20. Back To Top    #20

any update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast