Pool light got flood and not working for now

Apr 13, 2015
Nashville
Pool Lights got flooded internally (inground pool). Can I reuse this again and this time checking to make sure it sits well into the hinges. It somehow got off the hinges and went in thus flooding the entire light. It looks like a hayward but called sanford wet nich type k-868523. What is the best way reattach this and it seems extremely simplistic but somehow maybe I did not sit the gaskets to the metal frame outside... and this looks like a 30+ year lamp that was installed since 1970s...
model: 60-xx5x 500 wat max. 120v R40 Bulb

Photos here

Photos by Phillip Ooi - Google Photos

In your photos I don't see the rubber gasket that goes between the lens and the housing. Did you just not include it in the photos, or is it missing?

Yes I have the Gasket as well but did not show it only. Problem is do I put the Gasket around the glass lens. I am not sure which one goes first. I put in a new bulb yesterday.The light went on and then turned off immediately with the GFI switch clicking. The housing inside the pool appears to be bone dry now... could that be the one tripping the GFI or do I need to change the cable itself in the lighting unit or the cable? If the gasket iappears to be OK do I have to change the gasket?

Auto Upload | Flickr - Photo Sharing!IMG_1237.jpgIMG_1619.jpgIMG_1620.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.