Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor #9198 Test Tube

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Taylor #9198 Test Tube

The Taylor #9198 test tube has multiple graduations on it for different sample volumes. On the FC/CC tests one uses the 25mL mark for 0.2ppm/drop resolution and the 10mL mark for 0.5ppm/drop. Does anyone know what the test resolutions are for the other graduation marks?

The FAS-DPD test is easy because the DPD powder amount does not have to be exact (just saturate the solution with indicator dye). The TA and CH tests would be harder to change as the other reagent and indicator drop count would need to change for different sample sizes.

Thanks!
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor #9198 Test Tube

Those aren't necessarily for other resolutions. They're for different tests altogether. If you're extremely curious you can go to Taylor's site and look through all the different tests they offer and what the sample sizes are.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Taylor #9198 Test Tube

Oh I know they're for different tests. I was just curious about using them for the FC/CC tests as the different volumes of test water will produce different titration drop resolutions. I thought the math would have been worked out and was hoping to not reinvent the wheel.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates