pump is still leaking

Mar 29, 2011
I am hoping you guys have an answer for my leaking pump
pump housing is hayward jacuzzi magnum. pump is AO brand 1 HP. it came with my house so i am guessing 10 yrs old
2 yrs ago I changed out the pump housing because of cracks, didn't take apart the diffuser. i noticed on the end of the diffuser there was no gasket. there was an o ring around the seal housing. re assembled it without any leaks

now the motor finally died. I purchased an exact replacement AO motor. that company has been replaced with "century" brand. appears to be exact in every spec. now I have a constant leak at the bottom. i changed out the mechanical seal being meticulous not to touch it, o ring on seal housing. noticed the o ring on the impeller is worn but doesn't match the hayward kit i purchased. same circumference but diff shape.

even put everything back with the old gaskets. tried every combo with gaskets new and old. took it apart 15 times. any advice??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.