Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump is still leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

pump is still leaking

I am hoping you guys have an answer for my leaking pump
    pump housing is hayward jacuzzi magnum. pump is AO brand 1 HP. it came with my house so i am guessing 10 yrs old
    2 yrs ago I changed out the pump housing because of cracks, didn't take apart the diffuser. i noticed on the end of the diffuser there was no gasket. there was an o ring around the seal housing. re assembled it without any leaks

now the motor finally died. I purchased an exact replacement AO motor. that company has been replaced with "century" brand. appears to be exact in every spec. now I have a constant leak at the bottom. i changed out the mechanical seal being meticulous not to touch it, o ring on seal housing. noticed the o ring on the impeller is worn but doesn't match the hayward kit i purchased. same circumference but diff shape.

even put everything back with the old gaskets. tried every combo with gaskets new and old. took it apart 15 times. any advice??

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: pump is still leaking

Is it leaking from the seal or gasket? Hayward has different seals for some of their pumps that look like the standard seals:100,200,1000,201, but they are different Not sure of your pump but that might be why.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pump is still leaking

Quote Originally Posted by OldPoolMan View Post
    Is it leaking from the seal or gasket? Hayward has different seals for some of their pumps that look like the standard seals:100,200,1000,201, but they are different Not sure of your pump but that might be why.
    i looks like it's leaking from the seal
    sorry the pic is upside down
    Attached Images Attached Images