Fc- 14

CC- .5

TC- 14.5

Added some cya in front of return.

Thursday 11am

Water a Lil cloudy

FC- 15

CC- .5

When I add the r-0003 the water just barely had a touch of pink now so I assume I'm making progress on the CC getting below .5

Filter running, clean every day, and bump the FC to 16 three times a day. Not losing a whole lot. I was hoping to see the water clearer and more blue but maybe the cya clouded it up a bit. Just want to make sure I'm still on the right track?IMG_20150618_131003550.jpg

Pool held 16FC all night with no sun this morning. Water is cloudy. I gave it a quick brushing and retested, FC dropped to 15 within 1 hr and water seemed to cloud up a bit more.

I guess that tells me I need to be scrubbing and more often. Hopefully I'll make some better progress this weekend when I don't have to work.

Figured I'd stop in for an update and any advice now that the site is working good again.

I quit the slam before the cloudiness was gone. Since then it has gotten clearer and I am hardly having to add any chlorine, but it has not been very sunny and hot. Pleased with my progress. I have been adding MA to get the TA down and have had some success. Here are my numbers as of today. Any advice, I'm all ears.

Fc- 7
Cc- 0
Cya- 40
Ta- 140. Was 180
Ph- 7.2. Need to aerate, just added acid
Ch- 125

Can't add photos, says I exceeded my quota.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will have to look into the DE, is this something the pool store would have in small bags?

I did quit my slam way before the water cleared up. I kept wondering if I was making the right choice. Filter ran nonstop for a week and my numbers looked good and the pool cleaned up, just cloudy. I was hoping it would clear up but was ready to continue slam if it looked like it was going south on me. So far so good.

Second question I have, I have not noticed any rise in pressure on the pump. We have backwashed a few times but this time I'm gonna wait till I see some pressure. It's at 17 and has been for several days. If you have a clean pool, is this something that you will only have to do every couple weeks?

As for DE, a 25# box at Home Depot is $20. It won't "go bad" over time as it is not chemically active. My pool store sells small bags for $20. Hmmm...

I very rarely backwash, maybe 3-4 times a season. About a 25% increase in pressure from your "clean" pressure tells you when to do it.

I was in ace hardware and happened to notice 20 lbs of de for $20. The chlorine was $6-7 a gallon, yikes. Put 1/3 cup in my filter and noticed pressure rise. I am curious how this stuff can help a pool get even clearer. We will see. I do know I have enough to last a lifetime.

I bumped my FC up to 8 last night. 24 hours later it was at 7. The solar cover was on most of that time, and the wife got in for an hour and did some brushing. Granted it was only in the 70's today, but I expected it to lose more than 1 FC in 24 hours.

I'm finding myself wanting to constantly tinker and test after being in slam mode last week. Now the pool is looking good and getting better and I have nothing to do lol

Just an update. Been a month or so since I got the pool cleaned up. It has been nothing but clear blue and a piece of cake to take care of. With the sun beating down I add 30-40 oz of chlorine and that's it. Vacuume when we get a storm, brush every once in awhile, and add chlorine. It has been trouble free and I thank you all for your help in getting me started. Im sure I'll need help again, but for now I got it under control.

http://URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/bronzeback5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150802_193829634.jpg.html][/URL]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.