I recently got a 12' x 30" pool for my kids to enjoy (I have twin 2 year olds) and have a few questions.
1) From what I have read it looks like I need to shock the pool weekly & when a major event like rain happens. Is this correct maintenance?
2) The area I live has hard water so I thin I will need pH booster, how do I equate the amount per gallons for such a small pool.
3) The pump that came with it has a filter that can hold 1" chlorine tablets, how long does the pump need to run daily?
Would going to a local pool supply store with asample be my best option or should I try myself first?
Thus far I have had the pool filled for a couple of days & have shocked it once and put a chlorine tablet in the pump running for about 8 hours. Levels look good other than low pH.
Any other advice is appreciated.