Opinions on best robot cleaner

Jan 13, 2015
Arkansas
Our pool should (hopefully) be finished soon and I know I am going to want a robot pool cleaner. The pool is 20x40 and very curvy. We have a ton of trees around it so I expect a lot of leaves and debris. It is vinyl so the cleaner needs to be safe for that type pool. My husband is gone a lot so I will be the one to mainly maintain it, so I need something that cleans well, climbs the walls, and is fairly easy to take apart and clean out the debris. I am looking at either a Dolphin Nautilus or Hayward SharkVac. I don't want to spend a ton but also don't want something that always has issues or is too difficult for me on my own. What are your recommendations and which ones should I definitely avoid?

I've had a Leslie's rebranded dolphin for about 5 years now. I keep it in the pool 100% of the time (which you're not supposed to do).

I shake out the bags and run them through my washing machine. I bought extra bags so I always have a clean one handy. They last about a week or two depending on how much stuff they have to pick up.

I did have to buy a new power supply once, but other than that, the cleaner itself has been trouble free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.