Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinions on best robot cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Opinions on best robot cleaner

Our pool should (hopefully) be finished soon and I know I am going to want a robot pool cleaner. The pool is 20x40 and very curvy. We have a ton of trees around it so I expect a lot of leaves and debris. It is vinyl so the cleaner needs to be safe for that type pool. My husband is gone a lot so I will be the one to mainly maintain it, so I need something that cleans well, climbs the walls, and is fairly easy to take apart and clean out the debris. I am looking at either a Dolphin Nautilus or Hayward SharkVac. I don't want to spend a ton but also don't want something that always has issues or is too difficult for me on my own. What are your recommendations and which ones should I definitely avoid?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Opinions on best robot cleaner

Someone asks this same question about twice per week, they usually get 4 or 5 answers at most, with most people suggesting either Dolphin or Aquabot
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Broken Arrow, OK (Tulsa)

In addition to the Dolphin or Aquabot, I'd add the Polaris robot cleaners to your research.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

4. Back To Top    #4

I've had a Leslie's rebranded dolphin for about 5 years now. I keep it in the pool 100% of the time (which you're not supposed to do).

I shake out the bags and run them through my washing machine. I bought extra bags so I always have a clean one handy. They last about a week or two depending on how much stuff they have to pick up.

I did have to buy a new power supply once, but other than that, the cleaner itself has been trouble free.
    Approx. 18'X24' Pebble Tec free form shape.