Intex sand filter too big for easy set 10' x 30"?

jdp83

Jun 14, 2015
Murphy
I just got an Intex Easy Set 10' x 30" it seems the perfect size to sit in with my 2yr old daughter. A few years ago I had a 15' x 48" and added the saltwater system, so far I think it still works. I was hoping to use the old bigger bump (1,000 GPH?) but it doesn't seem to work. I'm not impressed with the new one 500GHP? it came with, and hardly seems to move the water. I'd also like to make some sort of fountain to help cool it since I'm sure it's going to get warm here shortly.

I'm wondering if the sand filter would be way too big/powerful on this little pool (~1,000 gal). I know it's overkill, but wouldn't mind a larger one again in a few years if it'll last and won't have to mess with cartridge filters in the meantime. If it's not worth it, does the little pump still have sufficient flow for the SWG?

I don't see a problem, other than your sand filter probably has 1.5" fittings and those on the Easy Set 10'x30" are 1.25". You'll have to either use adapters to hook it up or cut the holes larger in the side of the Easy Set and use the 1.5" hardware from your old pool. Hopefully you kept them along with the pump.

The problem with using too large a pump on a small pool is the resulting water velocity. The water can move around in the pool so fast that larger particles of dirt with more mass will not be sucked into the intake of the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.