Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cannot upload pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

Cannot upload pictures

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I try to attach photos, I get a box pop up to upload pictures from my computer. It only let me upload two and then I get red exclamation marks by the rest. It says I have used 248 of 250 MB allowed. I don't get what I am doing wrong. Is there an easier way to insert pictures? (And yes, I reduced the size of all pictures before trying to upload them.) This is super frustrating.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cannot upload pictures

You get very limited space here, even if you're a supporter. Best bet is to use some photosharing site and post the links in the thread. Posting Photo's Tutorial
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you so much - that was so frustrating. Wonder why they limit the size when pictures are so encouraged? Going to try a test run in the test forum.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well it is because pictures take up a lot of database space. On image sharing sites such as photobucket, they are designed for that. This site, while photos are encouraged, it has to have a good balance between images and forum functionality.

5. Back To Top    #5

Makes sense and was pretty easy after following the instructions.

6. Back To Top    #6

Can't upload small jpeg pics from my computer (approx 50k) any problems with the sites photo upload feature currently? I used to be able to upload this way.
    24K gal, plaster, concrete decking, cantelivered coping, 20 years old, raised attached stone spa - 1 1/2 HP purex triton pump, 3 yr old 48 sq ft Pentair DE filter with multiport, Polaris 380 w/pump, 2 yr old Pentair mastertemp 400k heater - live in southeastern PA outside phila.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's possible, cause I still don't have all the little bugs (well not bugs, but set up fully) worked out on the new server just yet. So for now I would use a picture hosting service (like photobucket) and post them from that.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jp4120 View Post
    Can't upload small jpeg pics from my computer (approx 50k) any problems with the sites photo upload feature currently? I used to be able to upload this way.
    the limit is in totality for your account. If you have hit the limit, no matter how small you will not be able to upload more without deleting previous uploads.

The best option is to follow the instructions Rixhard linked in his post.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

9. Back To Top    #9

Well Tim, there is a issue with the flash uploader, so I have changed it from that to the ajax uploader for now. so they can post images again if they are not going above their limit.

facepalm.jpg

10. Back To Top    #10

works now so whatever you did fixed it...thanks
    24K gal, plaster, concrete decking, cantelivered coping, 20 years old, raised attached stone spa - 1 1/2 HP purex triton pump, 3 yr old 48 sq ft Pentair DE filter with multiport, Polaris 380 w/pump, 2 yr old Pentair mastertemp 400k heater - live in southeastern PA outside phila.

11. Back To Top    #11

Good to hear.