Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wise to skip Pressure Side Cleaner for a Robotic?

1. Back To Top    #1

Columbia, SC

Wise to skip Pressure Side Cleaner for a Robotic?

Hello all! My name is Chris and I've been lurking here for quite some time now. Next week kicks off the install of in ground, lazy-L, liner pool. The saying "Devil is in the details" could never t be more true. As I get closer I find myself getting bogged down with small decisions.

The latest dilemma is the choice of a pressure side or robotic cleaner. The pressure side cleaner is part of the pool package but I thought it might be wise to skip the pressure side cleaner and eliminate future maintenance issues. Is this a good move? Should I get the pressure side installed and pony up for the robotic.

Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wise to skip Pressure Side Cleaner for a Robotic?

Hi Chris, and welcome to TFP

You should drop the whole pressure cleaner package and get a good robotic. Get the PB to credit you the cost of the whole setup, and buy the best robotic you can possibly afford. You'll never regret this decision.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Wise to skip Pressure Side Cleaner for a Robotic?

welcome to TFP!

I agree with PatrickB. Robotic are much more efficent and are the way to go (IMO).
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!