Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG recommendations

Hello- as some might have seen my other posts, I currently have a 40k salt water generator from Hayward. It does not seem to be producing enough chlorine for a roughly 60,000 gallon pool. Instead of buying jugs of liquid chlorine to compensate I am looking around for a replacement unit and wanted to see what everyone suggests. Price is not an issue if the unit accurately supplies enough chlorine for my pool size. The only one I have been able to find online is from Pentair. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: SWG recommendations

Pentair makes an excellent SWG and I am very happy with mine after 3 years. The IC60 is rated for 60k gallons. Usually, people recommend buying a SWG that is 1-1/2 to 3 times larger than the pool. So, you can get the IC60 and maybe need to add bleach occasionally to supplement during high demand periods. You also may need to run the pump extra time to keep up with demand. Or you could get 2 IC40s and have some extra bandwidth. Also, being in Toronto may have reduced chlorine demand co pared to Texas due to less sun, lower temps, etc.

Someone more expert in the details of SWGs may come along more details.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Riverside, CA

I would suggest 2 IC40s. The IC60 will not make enough chlorine by itself when things warm up
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tulsa, OK

CircuPoolŪ Si-60

This page gives you the options for one SWG that will handle up to 60,000 gallons. A better alternative might be to get a second Hayward 40k unit and run it in parallel with the one you already have.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG