pool still very cloudy

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Question. Pool has been extremely cloudy since butting in 4 boxes of Borax.
My thought is that the quick rise in PH caused staining. Ive been fighting staining for the last 2 years.

Sometimes when I get staining, the water itself looks clouded and shaded green.

The thing is, if I let the spill over spa stay on waterfall mode for 30 minutes, then turn it off, the water in the spa is perfectly clear. And the water in the skimmer baskets is perfectly clear as well. No cloudiness at all.

Is that indicative of the liner itself having something on it? Staining? etc.

Numbers -
FC - 4
CC - 0
PH - 7.6
TA - 100
CYA - 30-35
CH - 300

Thanks a lot.

Added borates to raise PH from 7.1 or so to mid 7s... The pool was crystal clear up until the moment of adding the borax.
No staining at all. I do get stains. I use sequestering agent (metal magic) to control them...

But at the time there was none. I dont see stains now either. But its hard to tell. Many times I dont see stains but the water looks a little different and ascorbic acid or a lot of metal magic help fix it.

But before I go dumping in a few pounds of ascorbic and have to deal with the FC and stuff, I want to make sure thats actually what is happening. I cant really tell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.