FlowVis Flow Meter Question

trbvm

Jun 8, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I put this question in the pumps section, but wanted to pick your collective knowledge here. I am thinking of putting in a FlowVis flowmeter to measure the 'flow'. This way, I can calculate the number of hours to run my pump for 1 cycle per day. Question: Can I install the FlowVis meter after the pump "out" port, as shown? I am guessing the overall rate of flow will be the same anywhere in the system, right?

QFNI3A1.jpg

That would be a good place to put the flow meter as it has some length of straight pipe on either side. However if you are adding it just to find 1 turn per day, don't bother, the one turn per day rule of thumb for filtration, is just that a rule of thumb, and one with a rather LARGE error range as it may be. I would suggest you read Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time
Thanks @Issac-1. Although I can use the pump run time @ pool school, I am thinking this will become useful sometime later and I might as well get it installed when the plumbers are here. I guess I will ask them to put it in the straight section

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.