Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy AquaPure salt cell reversing

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy AquaPure salt cell reversing

I just got a new Jandy AquaPure salt cell. I installed and every time I have checked the indicator reads Cell On, Flow, Cell Reversing.

thanks,

Joseph

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy AquaPure salt cell reversing

Welcome to the forum? How many times have you checked it? It does reverse every three hours but I dont know for how long.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/m.../h0573500.ashx
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a AquaLink Rs system. The documentation for the salt cell kit reads "The new AquaPure sensor does not need the flow adapter board. Do not use the part with a flow adapter board".
    Reading the installation instructions I still cannot figure out where I am suppose to connect the AquaPure sensor.

thanks,

Joseph

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

For a while they were putting out an adapter that went on the plug end. It looked like a little green computer board that you plugged in to the board first. Yours may not have had one. Just plug the white end straight to the board.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jwalters91 View Post
    I just got a new Jandy AquaPure salt cell. I installed and every time I have checked the indicator reads Cell On, Flow, Cell Reversing.

thanks,

Joseph
    This is a normal operation. Unit should display cell reversing every other 3 hours of operation. This is an attempt to clean the cell. If you note the system in "cell reversing" mode, turn the power to the unit off 15 seconds, then back on. After the wait state, about 4 min, unit should resume without cell reversing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalters91 View Post
    The documentation for the salt cell kit reads "The new AquaPure sensor does not need the flow adapter board. Do not use the part with a flow adapter board".
    Reading the installation instructions I still cannot figure out where I am suppose to connect the AquaPure sensor.

thanks,

Joseph
    You should be replacing a sensor, yes?. The new sensor plugs in where the existing one is now (front board, white socket).
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.