Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green cloudy dirty looking pool please help

1. Back To Top    #1

Bowie, maryland

Green cloudy dirty looking pool please help

i am am a first time above ground pool owner. Immediately after fulling up the water in the pool Friday might night (5000gallons) water became cloudy green looking. Shortly after testing I notice ph5, and no alkalinity.

Midnight pool was full of water did 3oz of shock which was recommended and two cl
    hlorine tablets footing. Today Sunday still the same issue and has not improve.

I am am not familiar with the pool reading and really need help please.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Green cloudy dirty looking pool please help

Hello! Welcome to TFP!

What are you using to test with?

Here on TFP we use and love the Taylor 2006 or the TF-100. They are in my siggy below.

Who suggested the shock?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Green cloudy dirty looking pool please help

Welcome to TFP!

I am not familiar with a PH test that can measure 5. And your tap water cannot have a PH of 5. The test results are very suspect. Please review the Pool School - Test Kits Compared and order one of the kits. I use the TF100 from

The key to TFPC is accurate test results so we can add the right products to balance your pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach