Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 15' pool filling now.... please help! Total newbie.

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 15' pool filling now.... please help! Total newbie.

Hi! We bought the pool, set it up ok. Its on our new patio, which I assumed was level. After all that was the point of getting the patio - my yard has NO level spots at all.
    So my 13yo daughter and I set up the pool yesterday and started filling. Its now about half way there. 12 squares from the top on one side, and almost 14 squares from the top on the opposite end.
    OMG its not level. And its half full.

AND besides that, although the water looks clear coming out of the hose, it splashes in with a brown tinge, and the overall pool looks more green than brown.

Oh boy I feel like I'm on over my head with this project.

PLEASE advise!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 15' pool filling now.... please help! Total newbie.

I know you don't want to hear it, but stop filling. If you fill it it will be extremely off level and unsafe.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm filling up my 18 x 52 pool and I got 19 squares on one side and 20 on the other. It doesn't look at bad but I'm still going for it. What's the give on how much it can be off? I've heard up to 1inch and a half. My backyard is already un level so I tried my best.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have mine set on a concrete patio, and it is about a inch and a half off level, and it seems to work out just fine.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah mine is on concrete as well. I filled it up the the sections and the pool seems fine. I have 12 squares on one side and 13 on the other. I also did notice that the liner isn't perfect when they had to meet the ends together.