SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We have a ladder in the deep end (deep end is 5.5ft) that we never use. Sometimes when brushing I notice that some algae grows in the crevasses under each step. Since we never use it, I'm thinking of just removing it.

My question is, what's the best way to cover the holes/sleeves left in the concrete deck? I don't want something permanent, but something that can be removed later if needed, looks decent, and won't be a trip hazard.

Suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Some pics

View attachment 38395

View attachment 38396

We use wedding cake steps. PITA putting them in and taking them out each year, especially out. The first couple weeks this year, we went without steps. 4 foot pool. Kids can get out, but the steps aren't there for just the good times. Steps and ladders are a safety feature when things go bad. Cramping, bee sting, injured while playing, swimmers need a safe base to get to. Ladders or steps provide that.

Thanks for the responses (for some reason I never got notification of the responses, hence why I'm just now seeing them).

You both make excellent points. Now that it was mentioned, I think I remember our builder mentioning a ladder is required in the deep end, so I'll just leave the ladder in place.

I'm still interested in the original question asked. Is there anything that can be used to plug or hid the holes in the concrete?

We have holes for hand-rails in the shallow end at the steps but have never installed the hand-rails and now have 4 open holes in the concrete I'd like to plug or at least hide.

Okay so lets think about this-----------go to the plumbing department. Look at the push on caps they use for sinks when you do not want to have the extra sprayer.

2 in. Sink Hole Cover in Satin Nickel-D202-07 - The Home Depot

I have one that has things all around so that it stays in without having to get to the bottom. I cannot find a pic of it.

That is what I have come up with so far.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait! I just thought of something else.

Mix up some concrete, fill the holes and put something cute on top like a turtle or starfish so it will look like a pretty instead of a cover up.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.