Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Three-Way Diverter Valves with handle on top of 'Tee'?

1. Back To Top    #1

Three-Way Diverter Valves with handle on top of 'Tee'?

I need to replace my old diverter valves and am having trouble finding them with the same configuration.

Here is a photo of the current ones:

20150610_190234.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a valve I can buy that has a similar layout - one with the handle in top of the 'tee', instead of the side.

I can make due with the new style ones, but given the tight space, I'd rather find ones that are similar to the existing ones.
    21,000 Gallon IG Plaster with Spillover Spa (Built in 1978) | 48 sq/ft Hayward DE Filter | 3.0 HP Pentair Variable Speed Pump | Hayward H250FDN Heater| 8 Gallon Liquidator | Taylor K-2005 | Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Test | Taylor "SpeedStir"

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Three-Way Diverter Valves with handle on top of 'Tee'?

Yeah, like that but I need one for 2 inch pipes.
    21,000 Gallon IG Plaster with Spillover Spa (Built in 1978) | 48 sq/ft Hayward DE Filter | 3.0 HP Pentair Variable Speed Pump | Hayward H250FDN Heater| 8 Gallon Liquidator | Taylor K-2005 | Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Test | Taylor "SpeedStir"

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Three-Way Diverter Valves with handle on top of 'Tee'?

Well I Googled the name on the handle of the top Valve and I found that exact Valve. A Discontinued Pentair "Ortega" Valve. There's no way I'm paying $125 for one valve. Just the parts I would need to refurbish the existing valve are as expensive and a brand new Hayward or Jandy 3-way diverter valve. I'll just buy the modern one and make due.

Pentair Ortega 3-Port Valve - 2-inch x 2.5-inch - #010632 - www.instockpoolsupply.com